Monday 11 May 2015

Snot, Charity Shops & Work

The past few days seems to have just mushed into one looooong snot filled mess. First Zoe developed a cold, she really struggles to sleep well when she has one, so the first night was a nightmare with her being up most of the night and both me and James having work the next day (meaning lots of coffee was consumed). Then I caught the cold, which leads to me snoring and keeping James awake! And James was in bed last night sniffing Olbas oil so no doubt he'll come down with it too.
She's been such a grump too, which for her is so very unusual, she's normally never whinging or crying, unless she's had a bump or I've walked out of the room. So I really hope that she feels better soon so that I have my happy cheery baby back.
Just when she was doing well at sleeping through the night this happens. Can't win!

After my pointless dentist appointment this morning me, mum and a fast asleep Zoe wondered around the town. I'm always looking in the windows of Charity shops to see if there are any good baby books for Zoe as I find this is the perfect way to build up her library. 

However on this occasion I found the most perfect thing ever!

My bargain at £4.99!

A wooden walker with actual wooden blocks in it. Most walkers you get these days have plastic blocks in, or are more like her other one, which sings and flashes at you which she loves just as much, but just not as cute as this! And Zoe loves it already, putting other toys in it and pushing them around. My perception of charity shops was that you never really find good things in there, and it's mainly for older people. But actually, you can get some pretty decent stuff in there! 


Also these last few days I've felt really uncertain about work. Having been back about a month now I would've thought that I would have settled back in nicely. I still find it a struggle sometimes to remember to do the simplest of things, that I used to be really good at and organised with. And I am finding that I am also struggling with some of the people I work with. I find that as long as I'm open and honest with work that they do endeavour to do their best to help, but sometimes I do just want to go home and be with Zoe and James.

Instead of ending this post on that note, I thought I would share this picture with you. 
We'd just had a bath in the hopes that she would feel a bit better and we'd been in there so long that her feet gone all wrinkly. Thought it was sweet :)





No comments:

Post a Comment